Visit XO Health Co. Link

Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Big Fat Greek Seedy Breakfast


Most of you have seen me post photos of my crazy looking breakfasts, most of which contain chia seeds. I thought I would write and share a bit about one of my favorite concoctions. I call it My Big Fat Greek Seedy Breakfast. It all starts with the ingredients below:


1. Greek Yogurt: I absolutely love plain Greek yogurt. The Fage brand is one of my favs because it's super thick and creamy. It's 100% Natural, gluten-free and contains live active cultures. It's also packed with 15g protein for the 6oz container, and is a great breakfast or snack option for those on gluten-free diets or diabetics.

2. Chia Seeds: I always mix chia seeds into my yogurt. Chia seeds, when soaked in a liquid for a few minutes, turn gummy, almost like the texture of boba (tapioca). I love adding texture to my food - makes eating more fun! Chia seeds are superfoods and contain tons of fiber, protein and omega 3 fatty acids! Click here to read their complete nutrient profile.

3. Banana: I eat 1 banana every day - usually with my breakfast. However, I am very picky when it comes to eating them. I will only eat bananas if they are ripe or overripe. I don't mean all black and mushy ( i'll be saving those for banana bread), they just need to be completely yellow with a few (or a lot) of black spots. They have the most flavor and still have good texture. Supposedly, the antioxidant properties in the fruit increase as they ripen, so it's good that I prefer yellow bananas!



4. Fruit Preserves/honey: I love adding either a spoonful of all natural fruit preserves or a bit of honey to my yogurt. This just makes everything taste 10x better. The Banana alone gives the yogurt enough sweetness, but I just love the honey or jam combo with it as well :)

The final product looks like this:



My tummy was happy. This was today's breakfast. Looks kind of funky, but I assure you, tastes so delicious!! It's great to try new foods. Try making this yourself and let me know how you like it.

XO
Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment